- This event has passed.
Crafting a Killer Cover Letter (and Resume) for Consulting
February 16, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Hiring managers typically spend less than a minute glancing over resumes and cover letters, yet this first step in the rigorous and competitive consulting application process ultimately determines who gets an interview. Having a strong resume is additionally crucial for successful networking to highlight your interest in the consulting career track and to show that you have the strengths and skills consulting firms are looking for. In this upcoming workshop, we will share useful tips and common mistakes to ensure that your resume and cover letter stand out.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- What consulting firms are looking for in a cover letter and resume
- Differences between a consulting resume and an industry resume
- How you should format your resume for consulting firms
- How resumes are triaged by consulting firms and how you can survive the cut
- What you should include in your cover letter to grab a recruiter’s attention
- Examples of highly successful cover letters and resumes adapted from members who were accepted into summer programs and received interview invitations!
This event is FREE for Training Members, and a $10 single-attendance fee for Basic Members. Basic Members may pay in advance via PayPal or at the door by cash, credit, or debit. Please RSVP regardless of your membership status (payment is collected separately) by registering on the event page as this allows us to reserve a room large enough to accommodate the entire group.
If you’re a Basic Member and plan to attend 3 or more workshops this year, now is the time to upgrade to a Training Membership and gain access to exclusive services and offerings available only to Training Members such as videos and slides of all workshops, free case interview prep book rentals, networking mixers and a lot more.
Reminder: Single-attendance fees for Basic Members are not transferrable to Training Membership Fees.