To our members and the Houston community,
I am writing to notify you that I have completed my tenure as the first President of the Consulting Club at the Texas Medical Center. Simran Madan, our Senior Vice President, will be leading the organization going forward as the new President.
Completing her tenure along with me is Adrianne Stone, our Assistant Vice President of Finance & Operations. Adrianne has played an unequivocally important role in our Executive Team. She spearheaded the development of our gorgeous website, diligently responded to concerns from our members, helped us incorporate as a nonprofit organization, planned our budget, and served as the face behind the emails. Thank you Adrianne for your tremendous contributions and service!
As you may know, this year was teeming with accomplishments for our Executive Team as we transitioned the organization from being a student interest group to a business. Some of these include:
- Assembling a structured leadership team and a defined succession plan
- Incorporating as an independent nonprofit organization
- Attaining 400+ active members across Houston (25% are paid members)
- Executing the first Greater Houston Consulting Case Competition
- Generating revenue through donations and membership dues (we are on track to generate a surplus this year!)
- Assembling an ardent and experienced Board of Directors
- Providing 6 workshops for our paid members, all developed in-house
- Connecting our members to the top firms such as McKinsey, Bain, ClearView and BCG through onsite and virtual informational sessions
In the coming months, we have some exciting upcoming goals such as filing for federal 501(c)(3) tax-exemption, launching our own volunteer consulting firm, and even expanding out of Houston. I believe that we are well-equipped with a leadership team that can execute and ensure that our members are a part of the absolute best organization for learning about and preparing for the consulting career track. I believe that this organization’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it.
In fact, I am truly thankful for having such an experienced and passionate Executive Team. We select our officers via a rigorous and highly competitive recruitment process and I was fortunate to work with a team that is not only exceptionally talented but diverse across gender and race. I have no doubt that this team will ensure that the organization not only sustains, but flourishes. In particular, I strongly believe that Simran has the charisma, intellect, vision, network and experience necessary to fulfill the role of the President and usher in many more successes in the future and reach new heights.
It has been an honor and pleasure to serve this wonderful organization and community. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time serving on the Executive Team and am grateful for the experience. Thank you.