2020 5th Greater Houston Case Competition
We are excited to announce that the 5th Annual Greater Houston Consulting Case Competition will take place on May 31st, 2020. The event is hosted by the Consulting Club at the Texas Medical Center in collaboration with MBA consulting clubs at the Jones School of Business (Rice), Texas McCombs MBA Houston, and Bauer School of Business (UH) as the primary sponsor for the event.
Participants will be placed in teams consisting of PhDs, MDs, and MBAs to work on a real-world business case study and will be tasked to research the client, industry, and present a solution to the judges from 4 top consulting firms. This case will contain all major components of an actual consulting case, and give the participants a unique platform to develop and showcase their skills. They will also have the opportunity to informally discuss and network with judges during a private networking mixer.
- Upon registering for the event, teams will be organized and assigned to moderators. Moderators will be responsible for opening slack channels, adding and communicating with team members.
- Participating teams will develop and present strategic solutions and recommendations to a given real-world business case problem. All teams will submit their recommendations and solutions in the form of slides + video presentation (not more than 15 mins) which will then be forwarded to a panel of judges. The event will take place online via the zoom calling app.
- Selected participating teams will be given the business case on May 17th and will have a week to work on the case. Judges will have a week to review each teams’ recommendations, prepare questions and meet online via video conferencing.
- On the 31st of May 2020, details of zoom links will be shared with the teams through the moderators of the event. Every team will participate in the first round in the morning session, when each team will spend 15min Q&A and share a 15min Q&A session with two other teams. four teams will advance to the final round in the afternoon session, when each team will give a 10min short live talk and 5min Q&A. Winning teams will receive cash prizes (exact amounts will be posted soon).
- Judges are current consultants from four top consulting firms across the United States. Participants will have the opportunity to network and ask them questions in a short networking session after each round of presentation.
- Postdoctoral fellows and graduate students enrolled in advanced degree programs (non-MBA Masters, PhD, JD, MD and PharmD)
- Participants can apply in teams of 3-5
- Not more than 2 MBA’s per team
How to Apply:
- Each member must fill up the registration form
- If you have a team, please register your team here.
- If you don’t have a team and you need team members, sign up on the competitions Googledoc to assemble your winning team now!
For information regarding the case competition application and schedule, please visit http://medcenterconsulting.com/ and reach out to http://medcenterconsulting.com/contact-us/ if you have any questions.
The Executive Team of
Consulting Club at the Texas Medical Center